[Gendergap] Take the Ada Initiative Census of women in open technology and culture

Valerie Aurora valerie at adainitiative.org
Thu Mar 10 02:10:16 UTC 2011

Today we started the Ada Initiative Census of women in open technology
and culture:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/adacensus2011-email

The survey (intended for both women and men) asks two broad sets of
questions: What open projects are you working on, and what is your
opinion of how women are treated in your project and in the open
community in general?  The goal of the census is to periodically "take
the temperature" of women in the open technology and culture
community, so we can know what areas to work on and whether the Ada
Initiative is making a difference for women in the community.

The survey takes only 5 minutes to do.  Take the census now!  The
census closes on March 29th, 2011.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/adacensus2011-email

Want to spread the word?  Check out the census page for ideas and draft text:

http://adainitiative.org/projects/census/

Please especially post this on women in open source, open data, and
other open "stuff" mailing lists, blogs, and other forums!