[Gendergap] Women's issues noticeboard

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Feb 22 19:43:40 UTC 2011

I've always been in this trouble; putting issues up for discussion by the
community at large certainly does have the potential for "drama", and
even serious trouble, but also for involvement by the entire community
and an enlarged opportunity to wrestle with these issues and resolve
them.

And, note, where such issues would go now is Wikipedia:Administrator's
Noticeboard/incidents. Unless, of course, we adopt the posture that
gender issues need to be delicately handled; that does not scale.

Also, I think that there needs to be some feedback from the general
community regarding certain issues raised here, particularly those which
are grounded in actual edits. A discussion of "They deleted my edits" has
to grounded in an examination of the edits involved.

Fred