[Gendergap] Wikipedia is also a woman :)

Lantuszka . lantuszka at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 00:13:48 UTC 2011

Dear All,

if in reaction to this international debate, and some others on same topic
locally, you had happen to realise the issue and want to change the current
situation, in Poland we're starting as very simple and easy reaction the
workshops for she-wikipedians-to-be.
this way we want to encourage and empower women to join the community of
wikipedians and not only to open accounts (we don't want to just raise
statistics for women's presence among wikipedians) but mostly to actively
contribute to Wikipedia.

i came to that simple idea and so here we are, starting here locally in
Warsaw, Poland.

more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_Also_a_Woman
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_is_Also_a_Woman>it's easy
to make it more global action, so if you're able to organize similar
projects also on March 8, or about, please do so and list on this website.

it would be wonderful if this could work out to empower women in this
aspect, and also that we could make it a global action. :)

Lantuszka