[Foundation-l] Board Resolutions from March 30th 2012

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 05:45:55 UTC 2012

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 March 2012 06:13, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> if you cant decide whether something is good or bad for the
>> organisation, you are ill prepared for the vote (a procedural
>> problem), or you are incompetent.
>
> Either that, or you're honest. Nobody knows everything (except me, of course!).

There is no requirement to know everything.  There is a requirement to
make decisions in the best interests of the organisation, *as you see
it*.  If a trustee persistently abstains on the big decisions because
they cant see *it* (no vision), or wish to avoid scrutiny, they are
abusing their right to abstain and failing the organisation as a
trustee.

--
John Vandenberg