[Foundation-l] Board Resolutions from March 30th 2012

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:33:52 UTC 2012

On 30 March 2012 23:17, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since payment processing is not contemplated as a vector for receiving
> funds, either in 2012 or beyond, it makes sense to permit processing only
> where it provides a significant advantage in raising funds and where the
> reliability and integrity of funds processing is not in doubt. As the
> resolution states, all entities are permitted (and, I'm sure, encouraged)
> to raise funds in other ways.

I would advise caution when thinking about other ways to raise funds.
Chapters certainly should think about it, but given how easily we, as
a movement, can raise so much money with the annual fundraiser (no
other charitable movement has their own top-5 website to campaign on),
there aren't many other fundraising options that make sense for us.
There is no point devoting a large amount of effort to other
fundraising options when they won't raise anywhere near as much.
Chapters would be better off devoting that effort to programme work
and just requesting more funds from the FDC.

By all means pursue other fundraising options, but only when it is
actually an efficient use of your time.