[Foundation-l] Board Resolutions from March 30th 2012

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 22:15:15 UTC 2012

Michael Peel, 30/03/2012 23:52:
> On voting transparency: this is a great step forward. However, I would encourage the WMF to take a further step, and to explain why trustees voted approve/abstain/against.

+1 (as on the other topic). I hope this will done, at least for this
particular resolution, in the Q&A.

> This could potentially be done by (for examples) adding notes next to votes explaining reservations or key supporting factors, or by making resolutions more focused (e.g. the fundraising decision could have been split into four: principles, chapter payment processing, four chapters, and additional chapters, which would have provided more insight here).

I hope that if a trustee wants to vote separately/differently for each
item or to formally express disagreement over a part of the resolution
he's allowed to do so!
The board would look like a very dysfunctional and anti-democratic body
otherwise (unless there's a clear policy and process to reject such
requests).

Nemo