[Foundation-l] New Models of Affiliation draft parameters

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 15:34:30 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Many thanks for bringing the discussion on New Models of Affiliations this
far.

Building on earlier Movement Roles discussions from last year and on the
New Models working group's discussions earlier this month [1], here are a
set of draft principles and parameters for the four categories of models:

-Chapters or National/Sub-national Organizations

-Partner Organizations or Focused Organizations

-Associations or Wiki Groups

-Affiliates or Official Partners of the Wikimedia Movement

They can all be accessed from the Wikimedia affiliation models summary page
[2].

Apart from comments, questions and thoughts that will help us to clarify
and strengthen these draft principles and parameters, we would very much
like your feedback on the proposed nomenclature.

In the working group, we agreed that the names "chapters, partners,
associations and affiliates" are often misleading, somewhat
interchangeable, can mean different things in different contexts, and may
get lost in translation.

Proposals to change the names are on the talk page [3]. Please do leave any
additional comments there.

Cheers,
Bishakha

[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikimedia_affiliation_models