[Foundation-l] User talk templates

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 04:00:20 UTC 2012

On Mar 22, 2012 8:46 PM, "Cynthia Ashley-Nelson" <cindamuse at gmail.com>
wrote:

> In Twinkle, we can add a custom Welcome message. Is it possible to create
> customized Welcome template that allows the user to insert a personalized
> message to the Twinkle interface? Or even make changes to the existing
> templates that allows users to insert a personal message prior to placing
> on the user's talk page?

Yes, this not difficult at all to add to Twinkle, and if the maintainers of
the gadget are willing I think this should be one of the experiments we
try. The idea of prompting normal handwritten comments as part of the
interface was also suggested in the feedback from our recent test of PROD
and AfD templates in Twinkle.

Steven