[Foundation-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Fwd: Announcement: New editor engagement experiments team!

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 00:50:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM, John Vandenberg <jayvdb at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> And the creator of Wikipedia:Short_popular_vital_articles has retired
>> after 16 days..due to harassment/accusations of sock puppetry/etc
>>

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Npmay&diff=482503236&oldid=482441874
>>
>> --
>> John Vandenberg
>>

> I was curious and looked into this... and for what it's worth, this isn't
> really an accurate statement. I'm sure with your history as an arbitrator
> you've been asked to use the term "harassment" less lightly, and that would
> probably be a good idea. It doesn't seem like this particular editor was
> subject to even minimally untoward comments or actions, let alone
> harassment.

Sorry, I should have said "and the reasons given are" instead of "due
to".  I haven't investigated it; I'm just the messenger.

"I regret that I have to abandon this account because of harassment
and wikistalking. I will stay around long enough to resolve the
dispute I'm involved in, but no longer."
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Npmay>

--
John Vandenberg