[Foundation-l] Subject: Re: [WikiEN-l] Stopping the presses:, , Britannica to stop printing books

Robin McCain robin at slmr.com
Wed Mar 21 16:40:20 UTC 2012

This is an excellent idea - a kind of searchable sandbox where articles
could eventually be promoted into the main site or simply used as in
depth backing for a Wikipedia One article. It would need to have some
high level sort mechanism to make it easier to access articles within a
geopolitical area or niche focal point just to make it possible to
disambiguate persons with the same name or the various flavors of
engineering or architecture. Perhaps it could also serve as a beta test
bed for Wikimedia software development.

But what to call it? Wikipedia2 doesn't have much flavor.
WikipediaLocalized? WikiDetails? WikipediaExpanded? WikipediaSuppliment?