[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Stopping the presses: Britannica to stop printing books

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Wed Mar 14 08:02:09 UTC 2012

2012/3/14 David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com>:
> On 14 March 2012 05:16, Béria Lima <berialima at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I will actually look for a copy of the 15th edition (for sentimental
>> reasons) to buy before they get too rare and too expensive :D Of course I
>> will miss it! If Britannica is gone we will need to start printing
>> Wikipedia ;-)
>

> I see old sets of Britannica and other encyclopedias cheap on eBay.
> The catch is usually "buyer must collect" :-)

The rather wonderful 34-volume Encyclopedia Hebraica can easily be
found on a popular Israeli "free giveaway" site with the same
condition... and at a lot of garbage containers :,,(

Even though it was last updated in 1980, i have all the volumes right
near my working desk and i actually open it at least once a month to
actually find information.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬