[Foundation-l] [WikiEN-l] Stopping the presses: Britannica to stop printing books

THURNER rupert rupert.thurner at wikimedia.ch
Wed Mar 14 08:02:07 UTC 2012

I did use a very old "konversationslexikon" as a child, mainly for the
pictures. With our children this got replaced now by online resources. And
no, not by wikipedia, but by YouTube. And every time I spend 15 minutes to
find a video to illustrate something it makes me a little sad that we as a
group are not able to do it better and create something which would save my
time to search for it.

I edit wikipedia so it will save my time when I will search for something
(even the same thing) in future.

Rupert.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/13/after-244-years-encyclopaedia-britannica-stops-the-presses/?smid=tw-nytimes&seid=auto

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/mar/13/encyclopedia-britannica-halts-print-publication