[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status - the image filter disguised under a new label

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:25:08 UTC 2012

On 12 March 2012 13:55, Gerard Meijssen <gerard.meijssen at gmail.com> wrote:

> When you consider that the current proposal is for a system where it takes
> one click to see something anyway, I do think the notion that something is
> not knowable is over the top.

The rationale is problematic: to appease a target audience of people
who don't want knowledge to be general anyway. You have read
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Depictions_of_Muhammad/Archive_1 ,
right? They aren't concerned with images, or indeed text, on Wikipedia
- they're concerned with it existing *anywhere*.

- d.