[Foundation-l] Will Beback

Phil Nash phnash at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 19:37:07 UTC 2012

And yet on the other hand, we have myself, User:Rodhullandemu, who has/had
over 1000,000 edits, including 6 GAs and 21 DYKs, not only blocked, but also
banned, on the basis of a dispute with one editor which has been
subsequently vindicated in part by ArbCom, and some airy-fairy nonsense
attributable only to malice based on forged Usenet posts and a complete
failure to assume good faith. To coin a phrase, "something is rotten in the
state of ArbCom", and the sooner this becomes more widely realised the
better. The Foundation should take responsibility for abuse of power at the
highest level in any of its projects, including Jimmy Wales.

Will Beback was entitled to at least mitigation on the basis of his sterling
contributions to a project in which he believed; so was I, but I didn't get
any.

Thank some deity or other that I can still contribute to Commons when I am
able to do so, but as far as Wikipedia is concerned, the lunatics *have*
taken over the asylum.