[Foundation-l] Will Beback

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:31:57 UTC 2012

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 6:15 AM, James Heilman <jmh649 at gmail.com> wrote:
> We appear to have a problem with Arbcom. We have an editor who has
> contributed significantly to Wikipedia over the previous 7 years, making
> more than 100,000 edits and generating a couple of featured articles. Than
> in a vote of 8 to 4 he is block indefinitely for issues related to a
> specific religious movement.

Reading between the lines of the Arbcom decision - necessary because
most/all of the evidence is secret an off-Wikipedia - Will Beback
framed an editor he opposed over content issues, got him banned
indefinitely, and tried to cover it all up.

Regardless of whether you have 10k edits or 100k edits, this is
indef-ban worthy behavior.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net