[Foundation-l] Why is Arbcom is actively promoting Wikipedia Review?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 12:57:21 UTC 2012

On 11 March 2012 11:49, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 March 2012 11:19, Robert Alvarez <vezbox at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I see at least two current Arbcom members posting there quite recently and
>> even responding to requests of banned users to do things on their behalf on
>> Wikipedia (such as John Vandenberg working for Edward Buckner).
>

> Editing on behalf of banned users used to be a blocking offence.
> Presumably this has changed.

To my knowledge, that has always been interpreted to allow editing on
the suggestion of a banned user, but you have to decide for yourself
whether it is a good edit and the responsibility for the edit lies
entirely with you. There is nothing wrong with a banned user pointing
out that there is a spelling mistake in an article and you going and
fixing it.

What is John Vandenberg alleged to have done for Edward Buckner?