[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Mar 10 01:50:37 UTC 2012

On 03/08/12 3:23 AM, Thomas Morton wrote:
> On 8 March 2012 11:01, Ray Saintonge<saintonge at telus.net>  wrote:
>>> We're a mainstream resource, with links to academia. Whilst it is
>>> tempting to view the movement as radical and fundamental we are
>>> majority ruled, and the majority is mainstream.
>> What follows from this is the need for mechanisms that avoid the tyranny
>> of the majority.
> Hmm, so the argument here is to enforce the view of a minority on a
> majority?

Enforcing the view of the minority is not in logic the alternative to
the tyranny of the majority. It is the enforcing that is wrong in both
instances.

> As I pointed out last time; if anything, that is a worse goal...
>
> Providing global access is a far far cry from enforcing a viewpoint (thank
> goodness), which is what a lot of people seem to be advocating here.

So we agree that a lot of people here are advocating to provide global
access.
>> We are progressive, but that is another matter.
>>> All of which is irrelevant in considering the desire of the reader.
>> Which reader?
> The users of the website.
>
> You know; our main focus! :)

Hmmm! I was responding to "desire of the reader" in the singular. Your
"users" is clearly in the plural, Now that I know that you meant users
as a monolith, I can safely consider my question answered.;-)

Ray