[Foundation-l] Image filter

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 9 20:44:56 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 09, 2012 at 02:17:28PM +0000, Thomas Morton wrote:
> Improving the filtering of information is a critical facet of making it
> accessible to as many people as possible. If a Muslim refuses to go to
> Wikipedia because of our image policy - which we (realistically) impose on
> him - then we have failed in our core objective.

Hmm, well ar.wikipedia (who probably have a large number of muslim
editors) does have an image hiding template; apparently adequate for
their needs.  They introduced it to a very small number of pages, but
that number has halved over time.

AFAICT The people who are pushing for filtering are mostly from what we
traditionally regard as being the West.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning