[Foundation-l] Image filter

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 9 14:17:28 UTC 2012

Yes, this is the critical thing.

We work reasonably well as a repository of *all knowledge*. As Nathan says,
that is still imperfect, but out of scope of this discussion (I'd certainly
recommend looking into it though).

We also work quite well as a filter of information. And it is improving
this that we are currently discussing.

Improving the filtering of information is a critical facet of making it
accessible to as many people as possible. If a Muslim refuses to go to
Wikipedia because of our image policy - which we (realistically) impose on
him - then we have failed in our core objective.

@Nathan;

> It does that already, in a lot of ways.

True, but that is not the intended mission. They day that happens, that is
a terrible day.

Tom