[Foundation-l] Controversial content software status

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 01:20:55 UTC 2012

Am 08.03.2012 01:53, schrieb Andreas Kolbe:
> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 11:46 PM, Tobias Oelgarte<
> tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Am 07.03.2012 23:41, schrieb Andreas Kolbe:
>> Sorry to interrupt you. But as i can see, you constantly rage against
>> sexuality in any form. I came to this little conclusion because i saw never
>> an example from your side considering other topics.
>>

> You not seeing it doesn't mean it ain't happening. :) It's just that these
> are the discussions where you choose to hang out.
This is very unconvincing, because it's very easy to keep track on steps
of other users. ;-)

>> He said himself that he isn't the same person, while Geni has no evidence
>>> however.
>>
> The English Wikipedia's arbitration committee has looked into it and upheld
> the block – re-issued it in fact, under its own authority.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Beta_M
And of course there is not a single clue why it happend or what he did
wrong. That's like putting someone into the jail while holding a trial
excluded from the public, while the prosecutor and judge are the same
person(s). Reminds me on the middle age.

> You were simply gratified that I thought you had come up with a great idea,
> which you have. :) You know what annoys me? That we still have not had one
> developer commenting on your proposal at
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Controversial_content/Brainstorming#Clustering_for_search_results_on_Commons
>
> It's a good proposal, and would go some way towards alleviating a Wikimedia
> problem that's been discussed on the Internet for half a year now.
I don't see it as solving a problem. I see it as way to improve Commons
while not making the anti porn lobby raining down useless and stupid
deletion requests on Commons or proposing and pushing even more idiocy
in resolutions, like that sexuality related images have to be hidden in
special categories and are forbidden to show up in more general
categories, even if they contain the subject.

The most useful part of a comment I found in the search discussion on
Commons was:

Category:Photographs of non-kosher mammals standing on the hind legs
with the visible genitalia made in Germany with a digital camera during
Rammadon at night
> http://tch516087.tch.www.quora.com/Why-is-the-second-image-returned-on-Wikimedia-Commons-when-one-searches-for-electric-toothbrush-an-image-of-a-female-masturbating
>
> Perhaps you would like to complain, along with me, that your proposal is
> not getting the attention it deserves.
>
> Andreas
I don't complain. I made a proposal. Someone might pick it up and make
something out of it. If no one does, then i won't cry. But if someone
comes up with such stupid tagging, rating or hiding approaches and
implements it, then I will leave the project alone, since it would be
already dead at this point.

nya~