[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

Oliver Koslowski o.nee at t-online.de
Fri Sep 30 15:02:18 UTC 2011

Am 30.09.2011 16:46, schrieb Risker:
>> My question to you is why anyone would want to participate in a discussion
>> where their opinions are going to be classified by their sex or their
>> geographic location rather than their input.

There's absolutely no harm in coming to a finding that, say, 80% of the
US-American female
contributors prefer the filter while only 30% of the non-US-American
female contributors
do. Just like there is no harm in stating that 86% of the core
contributors to de-WP do not
want to see the filter in their project.

It really depends on what you do with these numbers. If you use them and
try to understand
why the two groups feel in such a drastically different way and how you
wan to deal with that,
then there can't be anything wrong with that, can there?

You claim that Milos implied that "if you're a woman from the US, your
opinion is invalid", and
I have not seen anything like that.  It strikes me as funny that you
would complain about  his
post being aggressive and alienating when your post could be construed
as exactly that.

Regards,
Oliver