[Foundation-l] Blog from Sue about censorship, editorial judgement, and image filters

Nathan nawrich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 14:36:22 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30 September 2011 10:12, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> <snip>
>>

>> Up to now, all females from US (four of them) are in favor of filter
>> (though, Sarah just tactically) and the only one not from US
>> (Brazil/Portugal) is against.
>>

> Milos, I believe this is exactly the kind of post that Sue was talking about
> in her blog. It is aggressive, it is alienating, and it is intimidating to
> others who may have useful and progressive ideas but are repeatedly seeing
> the opinions of others dismissed because they're women/not women or from the
> US/not from the US. The implication of your post is "if you're a woman from
> the US, your opinion is invalid". Your post here did not further the
> discussion in any way, and I politely ask you to refrain from making such
> posts in the future.
>
> Risker

I think you're reading too much into this - he was replying to two
other posts on the subject purely by adding information. The question
of "what do women think about the image filter? What about women in
different regions?" is of some relevance - it's useful to try to
understand both the ways in which men and women see this issue
differently, and the impact of cultural origins on views. Not sure why
he said "tactically" re Sarah, but he probably has a reason, and I
think Millosh is entitled to the benefit of doubt.

Nathan