[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Sep 23 21:52:40 UTC 2011

On 23 September 2011 21:44, Milos Rancic <millosh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 16:27, Fae <fae at wikimedia.org.uk> wrote:
>> Such "school" and "safesearch" variations already exist. Why waste
>> donor's money creating more?
>
> Note that more than 50% of money comes from US and that it could be
> easily assumed that at least 10% of ~$10M given by US citizens and
> corporations want to have a kind of "family friendly" Wikipedia. Thus,
> $1M/year is fair price for creating something which would please them.

What? My point had nothing to do with how much money is raised in the
US and there is no evidence apart from vague guesswork and assumptions
of who wants or would use such features. Rather than building
something that someone else already created, just give all the WMF
staff a huge bonus and a nice holiday instead, that would be much
better value for money.

Fae