[Foundation-l] Image filter

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 19:20:53 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 20:42, David Levy <lifeisunfair at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find it odd that some are inclined to discount the German
> Wikipedia's poll on the basis that it reflects the views of editors
> (as opposed to readers as a whole).  Setting aside the general
> public's ignorance of the WMF projects' core principles, let's keep in
> mind that a category-based filter system would depend upon _editors_
> to function.

There are around 300M of readers and less than 30k of the extended
poll of editors, which brings number of 0,01%. Thus, not just
irrelevant, but much less than the margin of statistical error.
Besides that, there is no valid explanation why such example would be
a valid one for further statistical analysis. The questionnaire called
"referendum" or "survey" is not even a survey, as survey assumes some
methodology, which is around zero in this case.