[Foundation-l] Image filter

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 23 16:46:25 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 02:43:14AM +1000, Stephen Bain wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Kim Bruning <kim at bruning.xs4all.nl> wrote:
> >
> > The survey was not a poll or referendum, and did not address the
> > fundamental question of whether this feature is wanted.
> >
> > The only actual poll I am aware of which asked this question was on
> > de.wikipedia.
> My point is that the dewiki poll being worded in a manner that is
> pleasing to people who have critiqued the Foundation-wide survey does
> not render it representative, when it was participated in by at most
> one eightieth of the members of the community whom we know to have an
> opinion on the matter.

The de poll -however deficient you might consider it- is the only poll
we have held on the question of whether an implementation will be
accepted. (In this case, for the de community)

The larger survey did not ask this question at all. So it is useless for
answering this question.

This much is obvious.

So we can either go with the de sample, we do more polls, or we don't do
either and (in that case) we can state that we don't know of any
acceptable statistics.

I think the latter (saying we have no statistics) is somewhat cowardly,
because I think we have a good idea what a larger sample will look like.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning