[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter

Richard Farmbrough richard at farmbrough.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 12:24:58 UTC 2011

On 21/09/2011 19:05, Andre Engels wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:20 PM, Tobias Oelgarte<
> tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>

>> I still can't the a rational difference between images included in
>> articles by the will of the community and text passages included by the
>> will of the community.
>
> It's much easier to note offensive text fragments before reading them than
> to note offensive images before seeing them.

Hm, not sure you can un-read a "bad word" or phrase any more easily than
you can unsee a picture.

> But I guess the more
> fundamental issue is: there are, I assume, people who have requested this
> feature for images. There are either no or only very few who have requested
> it for text.
I expect you are right, but as far as evidence goes, I have seen
requests for a filter for text, and have not seen requests for a filter
for images - although I have seen requests for specific show/hide boxes.

Making an assumption on a big deal like this is probably not a good idea.