[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter

Andreas Kolbe jayen466 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 23 11:43:43 UTC 2011

Thanks. It was surprising the info wasn't in these articles already.
Do we know what the current status of Wikipedia is in Saudi Arabia? Blocked or accessible?
There also seems to be some confusion about whether or not Wikipedia is blocked in China:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_blocked_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China#Wikipedia
(This states that some Chinese ISPs remove *all* images from Wikimedia pages, which would be of interest in the context of the present discussion. However, the information is not in the cited source, a Wall Street Journal article.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blocking_of_Wikipedia_by_the_People's_Republic_of_China
(This states that Wikipedia remains unblocked, except for a few sensitive pages.)
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/08/29/wikipedias-jimmy-wales-sp_n_941239.html
(This states that Wikipedia remains blocked in China, but hyperlinks to the above List article, which in fact states something different.)
Andreas