[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter - magical flying unicorn pony that s***s rainbows

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 09:21:14 UTC 2011

Am 22.09.2011 08:07, schrieb Kanzlei:
> Am 21.09.2011 um 22:37 schrieb David Gerard<dgerard at gmail.com>:
>
>> On 21 September 2011 21:20, Kanzlei<kanzlei at f-t-hofmann.de>  wrote:
>>
>>> This poll was not representative for wikipedia readers, but only for some German wikipedia editors.  Scientifically research found that Germa editors are not representative for German speaking people but far more environmetal-liberal-leftists than avarage Germans. The poll was even not representative for German editors because only a few voted.
>>
>> 233 would be a *large* turnout on en:wp. What is a large turnout on de:wp?
>>
>> Your arguments look to me like fully-general counterarguments against
>> *any* on-Wikipedia poll whatsoever, no matter the structure or
>> subject. What would you accept as a measure of the de:wp community
>> that would actually be feasible to conduct?
> 233 is a large amount for a poll on de:wp. But it was no democratic poll, because the manner by which the poll was conducted was not democratic. A democratic and representative poll has to be equal, common and private. The poll was not common because not every user entitled to vote was noticed about the poll,
>
> (example for a more democratic poll was the poll from the foundation in question bildfilter: it was on an anonymous server and I was notified by email that I was entitled to vote),
>
> it was not private, because everybody can see who choose what. And finally it was not equal, because there was no means to exclude the possibility of sock puppet voting (Which is very common and very easy as far as I know - I know an unpunished such voting).

Every poll will be visible at the Autorenportal [1] under "Aktuelles"
(current issues). So everyone can inform himself and decide if he wants
to vote. We decided to have public polls since everyone should be able
to discuss about the arguments and to leave comments. We have a policy
for that. This is our model.

You must be an asshole to claim that we have many sock puppets inside
this votes. It's an open attack against the community.

* User must be logged in
* He must be active for at least two month (poll announcement and
duration time is shorter)
* He must have at least 200 edits inside the article namespace and more
then 50 edits in the last 12 month.