[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter - magical flying unicorn pony that s***s rainbows

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 21 17:41:57 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 04:37:31PM +0100, WereSpielChequers wrote:
> But since Flickr has already proven that something like this can work in
> practice, can we agree to classify Image filters as one of those things that
> work in practice but not in theory? Then we can concentrate on the practical
> issue of if we decide to implement this, how do we do it better than Flickr
> has?

The secret ingredient is the frame in which you work.

David's Magical Flying unicorn ponies work very well thank you in
the frame of fairytale fiction.

Flickr's system works -to some degree- within intersection of the
frames of the flickr community, commercial objectives,  and the
laws of physics.

Having a filter for wikimedia projects might be very hard,
without violating some of our basic beliefs along the way.

How many folks here have actually tried to figure out a solution
to this puzzle given the frame/constraints?

It's really tricky! I keep getting stuck.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning