[Foundation-l] Possible solution for image filter

Kim Bruning kim at bruning.xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 21 10:41:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 10:10:47AM +0100, WereSpielChequers wrote:
> Better to encompass both "safe" and existing wikis
> within the same wiki by making the image filter an opt in user choice, that
> way you achieve all the advantages of "safe" and unsafe wikis without any of
> the overheads.

While surveys show that a small majority finds this option
(marginally) acceptable, current best analysis suggests that this
particular option may not be implementable within the intersecting
frames of the wikimedia movement and the laws of physics[1].

Hence people are exploring alternate avenues.

sincerely,
	Kim Bruning

[1] For ease of use, we'll allow the laws of physics to also stand in
for mathematics and logic. (This is a permissable shortcut: If we
ask a computing system in the physical universe to compute impossible
maths or logic, it will fail in some manner)