[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:24:18 UTC 2011

Am 19.09.2011 18:08, schrieb Stephen Bain:

> No. And of course artworks are being used as examples because they're
> going to present the corner cases. But all of these discussions seem
> to be proceeding on the basis that there are nothing but corner cases,
> when really (I would imagine) pretty much everything that will be
> filtered will be either:
> * actual images of human genitals [1],
> * actual images of dead human bodies, or
> * imagery subject to religious restriction.
> Almost all will be in the first two categories, and most of those in
> the first one, and will primarily be photographs.
Lets reverse the examples: If you only create such a categories, then
depictions like the linked ones below will not be seen as offensive to
some or count as "actual images of human genitals"? Would this not rise
the question that the criteria are not sufficient?

* http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Futanari.png
* http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Hentai_-_yuuree-redraw.jpg