[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 19 17:17:42 UTC 2011

Am 19.09.2011 18:08, schrieb Stephen Bain:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Tobias Oelgarte
> <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> We discussed this already and came to the conclusion, that you would
>> need hundreds of these categories to filter out most of the
>> "objectionable content".
> And once again, the labelling doesn't need to be perfect (nothing on a
> wiki is) if an option to hide all images by default is implemented
> (which at present there seems to be broad support for, from most
> quarters).
If we implement an "hide all images" option, then we solved already 95%
of all possible use cases mentioned before. Now we take on the doubtful
work to categorize for even lower potential need? I support the "hide
all" option. But if we have this feature, then, especially then, i see
absolutely no need for any categorization. Then we create hobby project
for censors with even less support from the community. I definitely
can't follow your reasoning in this case.