[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 00:45:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 4:16 AM, David Levy <lifeisunfair at gmail.com> wrote:

> Tobias Oelgarte described one key problem.  Another lies in the
> labeling of some things and not others.  Unless we were to create and
> apply a label for literally everything that someone finds
> objectionable, we'd be taking the non-neutral position that only
> certain objections (the ones for which filters exist) are reasonable.

NPOV involves determining whether viewpoints are widely held, are held
by substantial or significant minorities, or are held by an extremely
small or vastly limited minority and therefore not suitable to be
covered in articles. This is an editorial decision-making process that
all editors perform all the time. Determining which filters to work on
is entirely analogous to this process, which is inherently neutral.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com