[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Stephen Bain stephen.bain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 20:53:29 UTC 2011

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 6:16 AM, Andre Engels <andreengels at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd say, drop the idea that the filter is supposed to be perfect. A filter
> that is little-used can get a rough content first time around, preferably
> specified by the person asking for the filter, then people using the filter
> can suggest adding or removing images. Volunteers can go and work on the
> filters if they want, but if they don't, the filter will just be changed by
> such suggestions.

Indeed. I think some of the problems some people are predicting have
been drastically exaggerated.

As long as the option to hide all images is also implemented, we can
quite simply add a disclaimer when anyone goes to turn on a filter
indicating that if complete exclusion is particularly important to
them, they should choose the option to hide everything by default.

--
Stephen Bain
stephen.bain at gmail.com