[Foundation-l] Rename proposal of Kurdish wikipedia

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:50:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 19:35, M. Williamson <node.ue at gmail.com> wrote:
> In this case, I do not think anything local changed by langcom, the
> foundation, or anybody else unless it creates legal problems. The only thing
> this request covers is the code itself, which is currently wrong since "ku"
> is a macrolanguage code but ku.wp is not truly a macrolanguage wiki.

That's likely outcome and it's likely that it would be LangCom's
suggestion (but, cf. Gerard's comment about priorities), but LangCom
doesn't have legitimacy to decide against the will of 100% of one
community if it's not about pure technical or linguistic issues. The
issue is clearly of political nature and LangCom is not the body which
solves such problems.