[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Strainu strainu10 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 11:50:33 UTC 2011

2011/9/16 Tobias Oelgarte <tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com>:
> We (the German authors) are bound to German law, since the page is
> directed at an major German readership (Schutzlandprinzip). But we also
> have to take care of US-law, since the servers are hosted inside the US.
> The later applies for the content the WMF hosts, not for us German
> contributers. But to be nice, we consider US-law as well.

Tobias, that I can understand. What I don't understand is why one
should call emijrp stupid instead of explaining that this is a German
Wikipedia rule ment to protect the majority of users users from
inadvertently breaking the law of their country.

And I still don't understand why you called that example "stupid".

Strainu