[Foundation-l] 86% of german users disagree with the introduction of the personal image filter

Oliver Koslowski o.nee at t-online.de
Fri Sep 16 11:34:01 UTC 2011

Am 16.09.2011 13:22, schrieb emijrp:
> Again, who are "we"? And why do German laws matter with USA servers? Why
> does only German Wikipedia exclude that images? Are English Wikipedia or
> Commons blocked in Germany?
It's not like the picture is used in every Wikipedia either.

How about we just agree that the German Wikipedia project decided to
apply the German/Austrian/Swiss laws when it comes to images?

And again, on Commons you will always find deletions based on local law
rather than applying U.S. laws. And vice-versa.

Regards,
Oliver