[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Thu Sep 15 09:25:54 UTC 2011

Fae wrote:
> Is there a link somewhere to the total budget and actual staff costs
> of the referendum?

This was asked very early on:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Image_filter_referendum/Archive1#Cost

I don't think it ever got a proper response. I'm not sure it's something
that's knowable at this point. It's going to take X hours of development and
Y hours of testing in order to produce Z. Not knowing any of the three
variables makes accurate predicting fairly difficult, I think. :-)  Plus you
have to factor in (or factor out, maybe) volunteer resources, rewrites, etc.

MZMcBride