[Foundation-l] A Wikimedia project has forked

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:53:18 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Kirill Lokshin
<kirill.lokshin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Tempodivalse <r2d2.strauss at verizon.net>wrote:
>
>> At least nine users have pledged to support this fork, and several others
>> (including non-WN Wikimedians) are interested - more than there are active
>> remaining Wikinews contributors.
>

> Wait, does this mean that Wikinews had fewer than twenty active contributors
> prior to the fork?  Or am I horribly misinterpreting the statement here?

According to the stats, en.wn has
less than 50 contributors with >5 edits per month, and
less than five contributors with >100 edits per month

http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikinews/EN/TablesWikipediansEditsGt5.htm
http://stats.wikimedia.org/wikinews/EN/TablesWikipediansEditsGt100.htm

--
John Vandenberg