[Foundation-l] On curiosity, cats and scapegoats

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia-inc.com
Fri Sep 9 11:44:39 UTC 2011

On 9/7/11 9:15 AM, Milos Rancic wrote:
> I think that damage produced by this<whatever>  should be localized.
> The target is English Wikipedia, Board is not especially interested in
> other Wikipedia editions and other projects in English; which means
> that it should be localized on English Wikipedia.

Milos, you are way out of line here.  The board is not especially
interested in English Wikipedia, and indeed, very little of our
discussion of this feature has any particular relevance to English
Wikipedia.

Your ongoing campaign about this would be much more powerful if it
acknowledged the actual facts rather than making up slurs against good
people.

-> This has nothing in particular to do with English Wikipedia, any more
than it has to do with all languages

-> This has nothing whatsoever to do with the United States

-> This has nothing whatsoever to do with "Jimmy's rich friends"

If you don't like the feature, then don't use it.

--Jimbo