[Foundation-l] Hypothetical project rebranding Wikimedia

Ilario Valdelli valdelli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:12:27 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM, Tobias Oelgarte
<tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Usually you will find rebranding as part to improve your already
> destroyed image. If your image is good, your won't create a new brand
> and start from the beginning. Is our image so bad that we would need a
> restart? Otherwise we only loose some part of that, what we already
> achieved, considering our image.
>
> I share your opinion that this logo sucks. No one without an real
> interest will understand why we have such different lines inside the
> logo. Additionally it is hard to print (blue, light gray).
>
> Tobias

I think that this study helps us to understand that there is no brand
to represent all projects.

Most of all for communication matters or to explain that Wikipedia has
sister projects, we are used to create the "planetary system" of
Wikipedia with all other logos around it.

Basically there is no brand and no name or no communication facilities
to use one logo for all projects and to explain that Wikipedia is not
only Wikipedia.

Ilario