[Foundation-l] PG rating

John Vandenberg jayvdb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 02:15:00 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many countries have different rating schemes for movies, television, video
> games, and other media.

Which rating systems would apply to our content?

i.e. does the Australian regulatory body have jurisdiction over Wikipedia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Classification_Board

Yes it does, if the Australian Communications and Media Authority
refers the websites to it.

repeat and rinse for each country.

> There are literally tens of thousands of pages on
> the English Wikipedia that would fall afoul of rating schemes of multiple
> countries, although they would vary significantly from country to country.
> ..
> But we already know that, so I wonder why you ask this?

Sure there are a lot of possible problems, but I am wondering if we
have any concrete examples for us to consider.  It may inform debate
to talk about real content pages on a Wikipedia project which should
be rated, either by law or on a voluntary/best practice basis.

--
John Vandenberg