[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Thomas Morton morton.thomas at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:20:42 UTC 2011

> I'm not looking forward to the possibility that every picture is going
> to be surrounded by filter-cruft. I don't really want pictures of
> planets, plants, fonts, colours and anything else that's universally
> inoffensive being accompanied with buttons. I hope there's a more
> elegant solution but if we're giving the user control of their filter
> then I wonder how this can be avoided.

True; that is a UI engineering problem - and we have significant UI problems
already so it needs to be considered carefully (so as not to compound
current issues).

The easiest/neatest solution (that I have in my mind) is probably a little
tiny dot/arrow/icon appear at the top right of every image when you pass
over it, that then brings up a drown down menu when you hover.

Tom