[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Bod Notbod bodnotbod at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:17:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Thomas Morton
<morton.thomas at googlemail.com> wrote:

> As I said; you can't cover every situation. But you can engineer around the
> basic hierarchy - and leave the rest to a button saying "add this image to
> my filter".

I'm in favour of the filter (my argument being "I'm not super-excited
about having it, but I'm even less keen on parents telling their
children they can't use Wikipedia") but I do worry about the
implementation.

I'm not looking forward to the possibility that every picture is going
to be surrounded by filter-cruft. I don't really want pictures of
planets, plants, fonts, colours and anything else that's universally
inoffensive being accompanied with buttons. I hope there's a more
elegant solution but if we're giving the user control of their filter
then I wonder how this can be avoided.

Boednotbod