[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 10:27:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 11:22, Oliver Moran <oliver.moran at gmail.com> wrote:
> In future, let's just call these kind of things a "survey", can we?
>
> TLDR; surveys are great but don't call them a referendum if you don't ask a
> direct question

Welcome to the political society! I could imagine how the survey got
the name "referendum". Actually, how the referendum became survey: It
is likely that some Board members insisted on referendum. And, to
please them, others accepted the name. And then started to work on
"something which would be called referendum, but which won't be a
referendum". Simple as that and everybody [from the Board] is happy.

Which reminds on Radio Yerevan [1]. For example, this one:

Question: "Is it true that comrade cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin's car was
stolen in Moscow during the celebrations?"
Answer: "In principle yes, but it was not in Moscow, rather in Kiev,
and it was not his car, but his bike and it was not comrade cosmonaut
Yuri Gagarin, but comrade highschool teacher Gagarin and his first
name was not Yuri, but Leonid..."

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Yerevan