[Foundation-l] Personal Image Filter results announced

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:43:25 UTC 2011

On 5 September 2011 21:35, Stephen Bain <stephen.bain at gmail.com> wrote:

> The referendum was pretty clearly predicated on the basis that the
> feature was going forward:
> "The Board of Trustees has directed the Wikimedia Foundation to
> develop and implement a personal image hiding feature."
> "[The referendum was held] to gather more input in to the development
> and usage of an opt-in personal image hiding feature".

However, you initially claimed the referendum itself constituted
support for the feature itself:

"It provides a quite satisfactory 'yes' in answer to the question of
whether it is worth the devs' time coding beginning development."

We're pointing out that it doesn't provide any such thing at all.

- d.