[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ideology

Peter Damian peter.damian at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 24 11:47:24 UTC 2011

>>You know it would in most cases have been considered an act of good
faith to mention your long standing antipathy to wikipedia. But
perhaps I'm just old fashioned.
<<

I'm sorry about that - I assumed everyone knew who 'Peter Damian' was.
I don't understand what you mean about 'antipathy to Wikipedia'.  There
are many things I am critical about, of course.  I support the core vision
of
what *I* regard as the Wikipedia ideology, which is that knowledge should
be free to all.

What is the origin of *Imagine a world in which every single person
on the planet is given free
access to the sum of all human knowledge.*  ?

Are there any other aspects to the 'Wikipedia ideology'?  Richard Stallman,
who I will be interviewing early in November, has a lot to say about
'community'.

Edward