[Foundation-l] Wikipedia ideology

Phil Nash phnash at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 24 00:32:55 UTC 2011

I'm assuming that this is the Peter Damian who is also

knol.google.com/k/edward-buckner/edward-buckner/2u2a5qlvdgh8h/1#

since he signs as "Edward", rather than a troll seeking to impersonate the
banned Wikipedia editor of the same name, for nefarious purposes. In either
case, I have little confidence that this book would achieve an audience
sufficient to make the effort worthwhile, except on an extremely personal
basis. Sometimes it's good to write things down if only to let off steam,
but to expect an audience in this case seems to be a triumph of hope over
experience.

By all means, write your book. But don't expect Wikipedia to crash to the
ground as a result of your revelations. I, for one, have no interest in
participating, not least because the OP wasn't to wp-en-l but to the
Foundation list, and that smacks of a desperate, if limp, attempt at  some
sort of improper meta-leverage.