[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Mateus Nobre mateus.nobre at live.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 00:57:52 UTC 2011

Totally disagree with you, Yaroslav.

Do you really think a traditional (you know, traditional in Wikipedia equivalent to bureaucratic) communication and social system, friendship-free, at wikis reduces the efficiency? Why the friendship and camaraderie in editions and talk should reduce the efficiency of quality? Why working in a pleasant ambiete worse results. I think economists and business-men disagree with you.

For your e-mail I found that you are probably Russian. You probably have read Tolstoi, Anna Karênina. Using a literary example, Lievin, the landowner, greatly increased his profit by changing the method of work of his moujiks. The moujiks used to work in bad taste and bad-tempered when just followind orders in a bad envronment. When Lievin adopted a collaborative approach, when the moujiks could work without the several rules at a amicable environment, profits rose.
For Wikis is the same thing. Only the ideals are not enough. We have to have a friendly, a pleasant, a nice environment. We've to make the time of editions a good time to us. We've to smile editing Wikipedia. And know our work is important to the community, moral support. Wikilove make Wikipedia less a obligation and more a thing which we need every single day. This is the point.

MateusNobre
MetalBrasil on Wikimedia projects
(+55) 85 88393509
              30440865