[Foundation-l] Show community consensus for Wikilove

Marco Chiesa chiesa.marco at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 22:00:56 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM, Mateus Nobre <mateus.nobre a live.co.uk> wrote:

> Etienne,
>
> Why any Wikipedia would not want the Wikilove feature?
>
> This is inconsistent for me. Wikilove's a global improvement, there's no reason to disagree improvements.

What a lot of people would reply is: "Because Wikipedia is an encyclopedia"
A little story: on the Italian Wikipedia we were calling WikiLove a
call to calm down when discussions are getting too hot, and one day
one Italian newspaper wrote an article about WikiLove (the new
MediaWiki feature) and we were wondering what the hell they were
talking about. Because we couldn't believe that such a feature could
exist. I then realised that it was active on commons, and it looks
like some of the things you could get on facebook three years ago,
which look so old now. I don't like it, and I'm not going to use it
even if it was implemented on my home wiki. But I'm sure some people
would use it, and I prefer they use it rather than vandalizing pages.

Cruccone